Tuesday 1 March 2016

The Crone of Ripe Old-Ageing


"The angel swung his sickle on the earth,
gathered its grapes and threw them into
the great wine-press of God's wrath." Rev 14:19

~
The Crone of Ripe Old-Ageing.
~
And so  the process of ageing ends,
life unfolded through immanence.
It narrows down as energy fades,
God's wine-press lies beside the grave.
~
The wrath of God now has a meaning:
to press-forth the essence of its gleaning;
and thereby extract new-spirit of wine,
the fruit of my long-suffering vine.
~
My decrepit life can no-longer diversify,
go out into the world, or multiply;
instead I give-up the struggle to remember;
libido into mortido I must surrender.
~
Death's scythe descends upon my head,
the "harvest of angels" has come again;
to reap what this end-time brings,
the crop of my good and evil deeds.
~
Into the wine-press I thus let go,
all my experience swept undertow;
back into oceanic consciousness,
crushed by a Crone's catabolic wrath.
~
Yama, lord of death, has come!...
to take back what my life has spun;
nothing now seems to matter much,
except Love given, or held back.
*

No comments:

Post a Comment