Friday 20 May 2016

Earth and Air Baptisms

Image result for jesus risen from the tomb

"I baptize you with water. But after me will come one who is more
powerful than I. He will baptize you with the holy spirit and with fire." 
(John the Baptist, Matt 3:11)
"I have come to bring fire on the earth." (Jesus, Luke 12:49)
~
Earth Baptism.
~
I'm emerging from a black depression,
an earth baptism in the tomb;
the Sun has gone, I feel alone,
biological instincts reacting strong.
~
Fear, anger, sadness, doubt, no hope,
"stuck" in the earth I can't escape;
I'm in the belly of Apep, the Beast,
as she tries to shed four elements.
~
In mortido the wave of Spirit ebbs,
death takes over my consciousness;
now I remember I can Observe,
and collapse the element of earth.
~
In the darkness I recall Sol Niger,
the Black Sun and now my Saviour;
to whom I sacrifice my instincts,
the roots of Pan that hold me fast.
~
The humus element served me well,
but now it traps me down in hell;
the Observer collapses id's function,
human, "of the soil" into resurrection.
*
Image result for primordial ouroboro

The primordial Ouroboros digesting Serpent wisdom,
self impregnating, self devouring, Spirit par excellence,
shedding its old skin as it transforms into the Sun.
"Be ye as wise as serpents." Jesus.
~

Alchemical illustration of a Homunculus in a vial



Air Baptism.
~
Hermetically sealed in my own mind,
libidinal pressure raised to transform;
the fire blackens and immolates,
my ego without lower-air suffocates!
~
Pneuma sublimates, the wind changes,
thinking undergoes metamorphosis;
air rises, lower into higher Manas,
but can I bear baptismal death?
~
I watch my thoughts dematerializing,
struggling to breathe in fire blazing;
the Sun darkens, the Moon reddens,
my ego deflates in heady confusion.
~
Pneumatic thinking gasps for ideas,
high pressure in the Vessel squeezes;
the Observer watches mind oscillations,
thought-waves collapse in transformation.
~
Air and water compound as Mercury,
silvery Luna's metallic reflectivity;
I find myself on the air-less Moon,
far above the earth now blackened.
~
"The Moon turns to Blood," vivifying,
fills the Vessel with baptismal Wine;
Sol Niger, the Black Sun, brightens,
turns to Gold in the heavenly wedding.
~
Four baptisms undertaken, completed,
elements transformed and sublimated;
death and resurrection on the cross,
earth, water, air, and fire raised.
*

No comments:

Post a Comment