Saturday 6 February 2016

Love's Bite


Kali, dark Mother of death and transcendence.
~
"O Mother, even a dullard becomes a poet who meditates upon thee, raimented with space, three-eyed, creatrix of the three worlds, whose waist is beautiful with a girdle made of numbers of dead men's arms..." (From a Karpuradistotra hymn, translated from Sanskrit by Sir John Woodroffe). Woodroffe also writes: "Kali is so called because She devours Kala (Time) and then resumes Her own dark formlessness."

Love's Bite.
~
The shift in consciousness occurs,
even as I write down these words;
I summon up a goddess divine,
as Kali, invoked, devours all time.
~
Rainbow Serpent into Kaliya Naag,
changes her colours by ripening dark;
life's Spirit into the Holy Ghost,
a death-wish replaces desire and hope.
~
Through her veil of severed arms,
the transcendent beauty of her charm;
dismembers me back to the womb,
to crown again as the crimson Moon.
~
Into the wine-press of God's wrath,
the Shaman descends death's path;
Raven black into a white Dove dawns,
flies burning red, Phoenix reborn.
~
Love has bitten off my head!...
sealed it with the kiss of death;
now I see that she was really me,
a projection of my true-Self asleep.
`
Love is a drop of Holy Essence,
Rubedo of alchemical redness;
but once distilled inside the heart,
must be raised to set the head on-fire.
~
Then the She-Serpent can sacrifice,
after poisoning my dizzy psyche;
she sheds her Spirit-skin now worn,
transfers her colours into my mind.
~
How strange to feel Love so sweet
in the solitude on my retreat;
it seems I no longer need "Other",
to invoke the Spirit of the Lover.
~
The Myth of Love's powerful tale
is a story of so must travail;
but now "the end" is almost nigh,
on my neck her passionate sign.
~
The body of unconscious play,
encourages the Spirit to sublimate;
Ouroboros and her circulations
bring about a conscious realization.
~
Love has surfaced like water flowing,
mixes with the Light of knowing;
seeming opposites merge into One,
Wine from water toasts the Sun.
~
Love's bite of death's mortido,
Kali severs my head aglow;
karmic churning now complete,
discards the "old skin", life replete.
*

"The Sun will be turned to darkness
and the moon to blood
before the coming of the great and glorious
day of the Lord." (Acts 2:20)

No comments:

Post a Comment